I travel a little, so I’ve picked up a few tricks along the way and wanted to share them. So here are a few tips that might come in handy if you’re travelling. I’ve also done a Travel Essentials post, which you can checkout here.
- If your trip is only for a couple of days, use small travel friendly pots for you essentials. I use small pots for my moisturisers and lip balm instead of carrying big bottles or tubes.
- If you want to save some dollar then use 100 ml travel bottles and take shampoo/conditioner/body wash from home instead of buying new bottles every time you go away. Although, I don’t do this because I LOVE buying mini things.
- If there are 2 to 3 people on the trip with you and you’re going away for a couple of days, buy only one set of toiletries because it will save space/money and it will plenty for all of you.
- If its available to you, get your boarding passes on your phone. Its so much easier and convenient than faffing around with paper tickets. Easyjet offer this via their app.
- If you are taking a lot of liquids and if you’re going for a longer trip, it might be worth having a bag as checked in luggage. If there are couple of people in your group you can share the cost and take your liquids etc stress free. You are only allowed to take through one small plastic bag full of liquids and if you’re like me and have makeup/skincare/toiletries then the space is one bag just wont do.
- Have your liquids in a small plastic bag prior to getting to the airport, again its hassle free and saves you time.
- Before booking your flights LOOK around. Look at package holidays as well as flights and hotels separately. You need to look round to make sure you get the best price for what you’re getting. Also there is a website called Kayak, which informs you when its the best time to book a flight.
- If you struggle to save for travelling, then make it your priority. When you get your paycheck put a sum of it away. This is really helpful and it will add up sooner or later. I find it easier when I have a destination in mind and I KNOW I need the money for the trip.
- Don’t always go for the obvious holiday destination. Sometimes you will find wonderful places for the fraction of the prices just because theyre not a hot destination right now. This way you will get a cheaper holiday and discover a place that was not on your radar.
- Take a neck pillow. If you’re going on a long haul flight, its worth investing in neck pillow/cushion because it will seriously make your flight more comfortable.
That it for my little tips. Hope you picked a few things up and I will see you soon. Ohh, also leave some tips that you may have picked up. HAPPY TRAVELS!