I did a anti-bucket list last year and loved doing it, so I had to do another one this year (you can read last years post here). The idea behind the ‘anti-bucket list’ is that its way to celebrate your achievements. These will vary for everyone, and its nice to look back on the year and see how you’ve changed and grown.
So here it is, my 2016 anti-bucket list.
- I GRADUATED! We did it! After blood, sweat and many many tears we made it! For anyone going through Uni, wise words from one of my friends ..
“I cried everyday but I was still typing” – Shanice.
Moral of the story, cry all you want but dont stop that typing.
- I have my own domain, my very own website. I finally did it, it was such a big thing for me and it made it all official. I only realised how much I loved blogging when I had a short break. So this girl is gonna be around for a while.
The freedom to be creative is just something so beautiful and powerful!
- Met my favourite author – Sarah J Maas. This was one of the best highlights of my year! She was funny beautiful and came across as such a genuine, warm person! Loved this day.
- Travelled some more, left footprints on different parts of the world.
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.”
- Explored England a little. I love going abroad but exploring England was never on my radar, so I put it on there. My cousin and I took a little roadtrip. We stopped at Oxford, Burford, Cheltenham, Bathampton and Bath. It was such a cute trip!
- Finally saw Adele perform live. Ever since I was in school I had wanted to see Adele live. I just really connected with her music and I have cried to ‘someone like you’ countless times. To see that song being performed live was just insanely beautiful.
- Still nailing that whole Instagram theme thing. Who doesn’t love an aesthetically pleasing gram page? I certainly do. (In instagram accounts: itsanoorthing and noor95_x0).
- Found new (mainly food) spots in my favourite city, London! I love London and this beautiful city has the best food in the world.
- Got better at makeup. Getting good at makeup is a journey, I will look at pictures from only a couple of months ago and be like ‘What was I thinking’. However, I do think I have improved over the year. Here are some of my fave looks! Also, can you tell I have a good side?
- I read a lot! I have loved so many books this year. I have been blown away by many different authors. However I have decided to pick my book of 2016 and it is … *drum roll* .. It is ‘A Court of Mist and Fury’ by Sarah J Maas. This is hands down my favourite book of 2016, possibly of all time. Sarah J Maas is obviously author of the year for me. Empire of Storms was also incredible!
“To the stars who listen— and the dreams that are answered.”
That is it for my list, let me know what are some things on your anti-bucket list! If you make your own, leave a link in the comments so I can go check it out.
That is it for today, I’ll see you soon!
2016 THAT IS A WRAP!