I’ve been shopping like crazy so I wanted to share some new goodies that I have bought. I have managed to try most of these products so I can give you mini reviews. So without further ado’ here is a new makeup haul and review.
- Primark sponge applicators – I picked these up from Primark to try out. They were around £2/3 but I’m not how much exactly. With Primark makeup products I feel like they are hit and miss. The pink sponge is way to stiff and hard, it doesn’t really help blend the product instead it absorbed most of my foundation. Although I did like small yellow one to blend concealer under the eyes and it is much softer and spongier than the pink one.
- Primark liquid lipstick – Again just picked this up to try. I’m not a fan if I’m being honest. The colour doesn’t suit my skin colour it looks like I have foundation lips when I applied it. Although I also bought new mac lipstick in Whirl and this added to it makes a beautiful colour.
- Mac Lipstick (Whirl) – I have had my eyes on Whirl for such a long time and so it was only fitting that I add it to my collection. I just love the brown colour, it is a very 90’s shade. I love using it with my Rimmel lip liner in ‘Sand Beige’.
- L’Oreal Infallible foundation – I love this foundation, I feel like its high end quality with a high street price. It is a medium to full coverage foundation and its matte, which I do like most of the time. I would definitely recommend if you’re looking for the high coverage foundation. I already own another two but they’re lighter shades which I mix with my Mac studio fix to get the right shade.
- Collection Lasting Perfection concealer – This is another re-buy, I love this concealer. I have lighter shades for under the eyes but I wanted one to match my skin tone to cover imperfections.
- Sleek Highlight Palettes (Solstice and Cleopatra).
I absolutely fell in love with the packaging, it looked so luxurious and classy. Out of the two palettes I definitely prefer the Cleopatra palette which I was so excited to try. With highlighter I always prefer goldy tones over pinky/silvery tones. You get four shades in each palette, two creamy and two powder. I love to apply creamy ones underneath and then powder on top, to really get that highlight popping. As I said the packaging is beautiful yet still light weight, this is bonus if you’re travelling with it.
- Mac Prep and Prime Fix + – This is another product that I have wanted for a while, mainly because it makes eye shadows so much more pigmented. However I have used it as a setting spray couple of times and I feel like it really works.It prolongs the time my makeup stays on for, which is definitely something I was looking for.
- The Balm Highlighter (Mary Lou) – I purchased this for a giveaway that I’m holding soon, keep an eye out for it on my Instagram itsanoorthing .. coming very soon. This is hands down my all time favourite highlighter which is why I wanted to put it in the giveaway.
That is all for today, what makeup items have you bought?