I have only recently discovered the beauty of re-reading books. I love books and read absolutely all the time, but I never really considered reading books that I have already read. However, with the anticipation for a new installment (Empire of Storms) of my favourite book series (Throne of Glass) I wanted to re -read the whole series. I did and loved it.
When you re-read your favourite books, its like you’re reading and experiencing from a whole new perspective. You know all that is to come yet it is still entertaining and magical as if you were reading it for the first time. Re-reading is as a unique experience as reading something for the first time.
When you re-read you dive into a world that you love all over again, and get to experience and connect to the characters and the places. I really did enjoy it.
So I thought I’d make a list of book series I fell in love with, that I want to read again.
1. Bloodlines – Richelle Mead: I loved Vampire Academy but I have to say I loved the spin of series ‘Bloodlines’ a little more. The series follows Sydney, an alchemist who is trained to find Vampires repulsive and terrifying. She slowly realises that what she had been taught all her life may not be very close to the reality. I read the series such a long time ago, and definitely will be re-reading it.
2. The Mortal Instruments – Cassandra Clare: This book series!! Honestly it was my first book obsession, my love for these books is endless and eternal. It definitely sits at the very top of my all time favourite books list. Cassandra Clare is just magic, she creates this epic world which is unbearably perfect.
3. Harry Potter – JK Rowling: Although I have only recently just read HP, I would totally do it all over again. I feel like a new person since reading the series. It was a pivotal part of my life and I can garantee, that I will read it several times over the course of my life.
4. The Wrath and the Dawn – Renee Ahdieh: The most beautiful, captivating and simply irresistible book series there ever was. Renee is one of my favourite authors and this duology gives me life. It is magical and features a insanely strong female and I love it. (no pictures for these books because one is on its way and the second has been borrowed)
5. A Court of Thorns and Roses – Sarah J Maas: I adore Sarah and my first love will always be Throne of Glass, but A Court of Mist and Fury is definitely up there with her best work. So I will be re-reading very soon… probably soon as I’m having Empire of Storm withdrawal symptoms.
That is all for today, whats on you re-read list?