I was just about to start writing this blog post and I came across this quote..
“What really knocks me out is a book that, when you’re all done reading it, you wish that author was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up whenever you wanted.” -Holden Caulfield in The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Is that not the most relatable quote ever?
I love books. I have not made any posts on books. Now I am going to make a post on books.
Here it is, the list (because you know I love lists) of my most anticipated books of 2016! The list will also include books that I just want to read this year.
*There will be a lot of YA and fantasy books*
- Throne of Glass Book 5 by Sarah J Mass – (Edit* The book name is Empire of Storms). I don’t know how to express my excitement and love for this book series, so I’m not even going to attempt it. (Its a lot by the way).
- The Dark Artifice by Cassandra Clare – Cassandra Clare is one of my all time favourite writers! I have read everything she has written and the first series ‘The Mortal Instruments’ was my first book series obsession/love.
- The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – This book has already been out, but I really want to read it. There is such a big hype around it so I’m excited to see what it’s like!
- The Fate of the Tearling (The Queen of Tearling Book 3) by Erika Johansen – Last year I read the first two books of the series and I loved them (strong female lead, YA, little bit of fantasy = my weakness).
- A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses Book 2) by Sarah J Mass – After reading the Throne of Glass series, I just couldn’t get enough of Sarah J Mass. So I found a new series she had begun, and again loved it.
- The Girl Online On Tour By Zoe Sugg – I have read the first book by the youtuber/blogger Zoella and I found it surprisingly good!I have bought the second book, just need to sit down and start!
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead – I loved The Vampire Academy and (the spinoff) Bloodlines by Richelle Mead and the fact she has a book with courts and females leads just makes me very eager.
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell – I have seen this book on so many favourite lists, so I’m going to give it a read this year and see what the hype is about.
- If I stay by Gayle Forman – I’ve seen the movie and cried my eyes out, I’m not sure if the book will be better (of course it will be, who am I kidding?)
- Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling – I don’t often read non-fiction for pleasure, but I love Mindy Kaling so I think I’m going to have to read the book!
So my perfect book combination is: strong female lead/ YA/ Fantasy (optional)/ set in a court! If you know any more books like that, please let me know!
Thank you for your time, see you soon!