Today’s post is a little sit down chatty one (although you wouldn’t know if I was standing).
I just wanted to do this post and talk about something that has been bothering me.
Its my final year of University and boy is it hard. I have had the hardest semester, and its still not over because they gave us work to do over the Christmas break.
I was that person who always had time to go out.. first and second year I used to set a day to go out, to see friends and just have a jolly ol’time (I’d always get my work done beforehand though #goodstudent) . However third year changed that for me. I have barely time to sit and watch a television programme, never mind spending a whole day out.
This brings me to my next point. Time. Why don’t we ever have time for anyone, (well I know why I don’t) but I think its incredibly important to have times for the little things; like spending a hour or so playing with your baby niece, getting to know her, making her laugh. I think its incredibly important to spend that hour helping your friend, when they’re struggling with life.
So why is that when you’re prioritising, these things never seem to make it to the top of the list.
Over the past couple of months (of struggle) I’ve learnt a thing or two, whether its from my own experiences, or the experiences of others:
- Spend time with those you love (sometimes you need to be around humans, your laptop doesn’t count as a human although you wish it would)
- Help out a friend if they need you (it could you be you in that position)
- Give your work your all (but not to the extent where it makes you ill and puts your health at risk)
- Focus on yourself, there might be that one person who has finished that assignment, but you got this.
- You can do it!
- Don’t let assignments make you miserable
- Just breathe
- Just live
- Be happy!
This is a bit of a rambly post, but I just wanted to write down how Im feeling.
Happy Holidays and I’ll see you next week!